Fanfare time ladies and gentleman! We have reached block 12! We are halfway there on our Afghan adventure!
As you hopefully know to make this CAL a bit different from others every block, that is a multiple of 4 (e.g. 4,8,12,16,20), is selected by YOU in a public vote. I can now reveal that the square that received the majority vote was ‘D’ which IS…. the ‘Pizzazz’ Square!
What a perfect block you have chosen for us, an attractive combination of vitality and glamour – perfect to mark our half way point!
This square is free (and has been since December 2014).
Although we are on block 12 there is still plenty of time to catch up – the full schedule and details about the CAL can be found here.
Click on the link in the title below to go straight to the pattern or add it to your Ravelry queue here.
Pizzazz – 12″ Square by Melinda Miller
- Hook: 5.5 mm (US Size I)
- Yarn: Aran / 10 ply / Worsted / Weight #4
- Colours: I would suggest at least three different colours
- Pattern uses American crochet terms: see the following link for a printable conversion chart: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/70437470329344/
- Dc2tog (double crochet 2 stitches together): work 1 dc into next st until one lp rem on hk (2 lps on hk), skip next sc, work 1 dc into next st until one lp rem on hk (3 lps on hk), yo and pull through all 3 lps.
- Hdc2tog (half double crochet 2 stitches together): Yo, insert hk into next st and pull up a lp (3 lps on hk), skip next sc, yo, insert hk into next st and pull up a lp (5 lps on hk), yo and pull through all 5 lps.
- Tr2tog (triple crochet 2 stitches together): work 1 tr into next st until one lp rem on hk (2 lps on hk), skip next sl st, work 1 tr into next st until one lp rem on hk (3 lps on hk), yo and pull thru all 3 lps.
- Shell: work 5 dc in same st.
- Dc-Shell: in same st work [(dc, ch 1) 4 times, dc].
- Tr-Shell: in same st work [(tr, ch 1) 6 times, tr]. Ch-2 Shell: in same st work [(dc, ch 2) 3 times, dc].
- Corner Shell: in same st work (dc, ch 2, dc, ch 3, dc, ch 2, dc).
Ta dah!! This is my version of this square using my colour palette (I blogged about this here). This block was such a fun one to make and I love the ‘overlay’ effect of the outer edge!
Don’t forget to stay tuned for the next block to be released on June 24th (or 25th)