So getting ready for joining a big ole pile squares together can be a bit daunting! So I thought I’ll let you know how I’m going about it…
First I did the tricky bits!
- I wrote down my end pattern counts for the last row on all my blocks and wrote it down on a piece of paper.
- I then used some math (!) to find the mean number of my sides. So I added up all my row counts and divided it by 24 – which gave me an average of 158.
- Then I added either 1 rnd of dc /sc (or alternative stitches like htr/hdc or tr/dc to add height if required) to either add or decrease stitches as required.
- Then I took AGES trying to work out how I wanted the layout of my blanket to be. Check out this cool tutorial by Moogly on how to do this on Pinterest. I then drew my plan on a bit of paper to help me when I was ready to start joining…
These are the estimated end stitch counts – if you added or subtracted rows already when originally creating remember your end row count will be different from the list below:
- Moroccan Windows = 156
- Ladder Loops = 164
- Yarn Clouds =164
- Harriett =156
- Larksfoot = 172
- Magic Spike Mandala =148
- Easter Day =152
- Tiptoe through the Tulips =156
- On the Huh =132
- Embracing Variety = 160
- Eye of the Beholder =152
- Pizzaz =144
- Will’s Weave =160
- The Secret Garden =160
- Popin =156
- Beware the Ides of March =152
- Spiro Star = 160
- Aztec =200
- Sorrel =172
- Sun Catcher =152
- Fan Club =144
- Bavarian Beauty =160
- Frostbloom =156
- Mountain Majesties = 168
And this is my final layout plan for joining:
Ooo loving seeing them altogether! It’s going to be an exciting moment for us all to show off our final blankets!
Make sure you check back on 2nd December for joining details x
One thought on “Pre-Joining Notes & Suggestions…CAL 2015”
Pingback: Crab Stitch Crochet Join for Afghan Blocks | Keep Calm and Crochet On U.K