I class myself as very lucky to have lots of designer friends and the lovely Michelle From Home has kindly designed this next block especially for us. Some of you may have also got to know her in the Facebook CAL Group as she is another of the fabulous Admin who helps me out there.
Michelle has used a unique variation of the ‘larksfoot stitch’ for this block which I’d never done before. I love how this CAL is adding to our growing mental stitch encyclopaedia!
This square is currently free on Ravelry and will be forever (yay!).
Click on the link in the title below to go straight to the pattern.
Larksfoot Inspired Afghan Square by Michelle Warwick
- Hook: 6mm (size J hook) For this pattern it is recommended that you check your tension and gauge as you crochet this square. After fourrows, your square should measure 4” wide. If you are off, you will need to change your hook size up or down to get to the proper size. I used a 5.5mm (US size I hook) and that worked perfectly for my 12 inches.
- Yarn: Aran / 10 ply / Worsted / Weight #4
- Colours: Works best in at least 3 different colours
- Pattern uses American crochet terms: see the following link for a printable conversion chart: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/70437470329344/
- Specialist stitches: Variation on a ‘Larksfoot Stitch’. A photo tutorial will be available in the downloadable pattern.
- US Long Double Crochet (UK Long Treble): To complete a Long Double Crochet, yarn over, insert hook in theskipped stitch of previous round, draw up a loop loosely (3 loops onhook), yarn over, pull through two (2 loops on hook), yarn over, pullthrough two (1 loop on hook).
- US Long Triple (UK Long Double Treble): To complete a Long Triple Crochet, yarn over twice, insert hook inthe skipped stitch from two rounds before, draw up a loop loosely (4loops on hook), yarn over, pull through two (3 loops on hook), yarnover, pull through two (2 loops on hook), yarn over, pull through two(1 loop on hook).
Ta dah!! This is my version of this square using my colour palette (I blogged about this here). I loved trying this new stitch it’s deceptively simple and makes a beautiful block.
Don’t forget to stay tuned for the next block to be released on March 8th (or 19th).
4 thoughts on “KCACO-UK CAL 2015 – Block 5”
Reblogged this on Clovers 4 Ewe and commented:
Hey! Have you been keeping up with the CAL? There is an album for each square made on the Facebook group so that you can share your creations with the others in this CAL. Let us all drool over your color choices and design arrangement.
Love it. Couldn’t sleep last night thinking of what #5 will look like. I’m working on it, and will post as soon as it’s completed. As I said, I love it, love it!
Thank you so much! I am so pleased that my square is a hit!
Pingback: March in a Nutshell (2015) | Keep Calm and Crochet On U.K