Can you believe that this is the second to last block?!? I really doesn’t seem that long ago when we started block 1! So without further ado lets get onto our next block…
Though if this is the first you are hearing about this CAL you can find the full schedule here.
Click on the link in the title below to go straight to the pattern or add it to your Ravelry queue. This square is currently free on Ravelry and has been since November 2013.
Frostbloom 12″ Afghan Square by Shan Sevcik
- Hook: UK 5.5 mm / US Size I
- Yarn: Aran / 10 ply / Worsted / Weight #4
- Colours: Works best in at least 4 different colours
- Pattern uses American crochet terms: see the following link for a printable conversion chart: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/70437470329344/
- Back loop only (BLO):Work new stitch in back loop of indicated stitch only.
- V Stitch (V st):Work (dc, ch 1, dc) in indicated stitch. If you chain tightly or the round bows up, please feel free to chain 2.
- Extended dc (edc): yo, insert hook in st, yo and pull through (3 loops on hook), yo and pull through 1 loop (still 3 loops on hook), yo, pull through two loops (2 loops on hook), yo and pull through remaining 2 loops.
Ta dah!! This is my version of this square using my colour palette (I blogged about this here). I just love, love, love the ruffle on this one and thought it would fit in nicely with some of the other 3-D squares that we have made.
Don’t forget to stay tuned for the LAST block to be released on 25th (or 26th) November.