EDITED: GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED, congratulations to Leonie! You are the winner!
Five years ago (er…well the day before yesterday) I hit PUBLISH and my life changed! I’ve now been blogging for FIVE whole years! And because of my blog I’ve had some amazing opportunities, got to know some fabulous people and worked with some amazing companies – for which I am so very grateful!
WANT TO SEE WHERE IT ALL BEGAN? CHECK OUT MY FIRST POST!
Each blogiversary is a huge milestone and my 5th birthday is no exception. What started as a complete experiment is a large part of how I evolved into a working crochet designer, but I blog because I enjoy writing, I love to share my passion for all things crochet, and I love to hopefully inspire you.
Let the beauty of what you love be what you do – Rumi
The past five years have been full of highlights and new experiences for me. Here’s just a few (of many!):
- Having a design appear on the front cover of LGC Knitting and Crochet Magazine in 2017
- Being part of the Stylecraft Blog Tour in 2016
- Being the guest designer for The Crochet Sanctuary in 2018 (can’t wait to go back this year!)
- Designing the mascot for Yarn Shop Day 2018
- Being invited as part of the press in 2017 gang to The Knitting and Stitching shows (again really looking forward to going again at the end of this month!)
- Starting a yearly Crochet-Along , having Scheepjes sponsor the 2018 CAL, and seeing all your projects grow and develop!
- The opportunity to interview some fab fellow designers that I admire and who definitely inspire me! Like Dedri Uys, Lucy Ravenscar, Kerry Lord, Irene Strange and Eleonora Tully (definitely want to try and do some more of these this year)
- Having the whole design supplement with Granny Square designs for Simply Crochet Magazine in 2018.
And I’m so appreciative to all the awards my little blog has received over the years!
You don’t start out writing good stuff. You start out writing crap and thinking it’s good stuff, and then gradually you get better at it. ― Octavia E. Butler
I was looking at some stats about blogs in general and was really surprised to learn that almost over 80% of blogs do not make it past the first three months – so I’m going to take a little moment to say go me! I’m still here – as are so many of you!
Just in case I don’t say it enough I want to say a big THANK YOU to you all that read my ramblings! I really appreciate the time you each take to visit my blog and especially when you leave me comments and feedback. I’d also like to thank you to those of you that have shared my blog your friends and family too.
LET’S CELEBRATE MY 5TH BLOGIVERSARY WITH A GIVEAWAY!
I’ve actually got double cause to celebrate at the moment because as well as blogging for five years my Facebook page recently hit the mahoosive milestone of 15 thousand followers! Just amazing! So I’m going to do a giveaway here on the blog, a different one on Facebook and another little one on Instagram because I like hanging out there! So that’s THREE different prizes up for grabs starting with this one!
So what do I have on offer as prize here on the blog for my blogiversary? Well one winner will receive the following:
- 5 x Keep Calm and Crochet On UK crochet patterns of your choice
- 1 x Dear Ewe Monochrome Maker Mug in the ‘Yarn’ design
- 1 x Dear Ewe Medium Project Bag ‘Make Something Amazing’ design
- 1 x 100g / 225m skein of ‘Firey Sands’ 100% Suprima Hand-dyed Cotton by The Mermaid Purse Yarns (purchased by me)
Here’s how you can enter:
To enter, leave a comment at the end of this post telling me which 5 patterns you’d pick as part of the prize – to gain an extra entry maybe you might like to sign up to my newsletter.
The contest is open from RIGHT NOW until 8pm (GMT) on Wednesday 20th February 2019. The winner will be selected using a random number generator and I will need to be supplied with a full postal name and address to send out the prize. If efforts to contact the winner remain unsuccessful after a week, an alternative winner will be randomly selected.
This giveaway is open WORLDWIDE!
Thank you my loyal friends and followers for your everlasting support and encouragement! Without you, I would serve no purpose!
Until next time; keep calm and crochet on my friends xx