Who’s ready for a Mystery Amigurumi Crochet Along?
Following a poll, in the KCACO-UK Community Facebook group about a mini Crochet-Along (CAL) for 2017, it was decided that we should do an amigurumi!!! This is the first time I’ve done a CAL with something other than a blanket and my very first mini mystery CAL (MMCAL) so I’m quite excited about it! And if this isn’t for you don’t worry I’m going to try and work in another mini crochet-along, a little later this year, for the other poll favourite choice of something Christmassy!
This is a great CAL for anyone who’s never tried an amigurumi as we will be taking it slowly – you could even make several different versions during the mystery!
Details of the Mystery…
- We will begin on Monday 18th September 2017
- There is no charge to join the CAL; anyone can join in as long as they have some yarn and a hook.
- The mystery will run for 5 days; For those that like a deadline I will be adding new details about the mystery each day from the 18th Sept at 7 pm-ish (GMT time) – see below for full schedule. For those that want to hook when they have the time then that’s fine too; no pressure to this CAL it’s all about having fun!
- For this design I used double knit/8 ply/yarn weight #3 and a 3.5mm (US size D/3 or E/4 will be fine). The pattern will also work in worsted /aran/ yarn weight #4 with a larger hook such as a 4mm (US size G) – your finished project will just be bigger!
- You will need about 60g / 177m / 193 yds of yarn TOTAL; this design could be a great stashbuster for yarn you have lying around; I used three different colours but use as many colours as you want!
- You will also need some toy stuffing, 3 x 9mm or 12mm black or green safety eyes, scissors and a yarn needle.
We will be using simple stitches in this crochet-along but you will need to know how to work:
- Chain (ch)
- Slip Stitch (Sl St)
- UK double crochet (dc) / US single crochet (sc)
- UK double crochet two together (dc2tog) / US single crochet two together (sc2tog)
Many sections of this CAL are also worked without joining in continuous rounds (rnds) by placing a stitch marker in either the the top of the first st to mark start of rnd.
The Keep Calm Crochet Community…
- The hashtag for this CAL is #ootwCAL. Make sure you link me your wip’s via your favourite social media sites: Ravelry, Facebook page or Facebook group, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram!
- The ravelry link to add to your queue / favourites is here.
- Once the final clue is released I would love you to submit a picture so I can feature you on Facebook, the blog and in my Newsletter.
- You will have until Saturday 30 September to submit a finished photo to used in my galleries.
- Introduction & Materials List – This post!
- Mystery Amigurumi Day: 1 – Monday 18th September
- Mystery Amigurumi Day 2 – Tuesday 19th September
- Mystery Amigurumi Day 3 – Wednesday 20th September
- Mystery Amigurumi Day 4 – Thursday – 21st September
- Mystery Amigurumi Final Assembly – Friday 22nd September
It’s all very exciting isn’t it!! I can’t wait to see your projects – and hear your guesses on what we are making!
Until next time; keep calm and crochet on my friends xx
14 thoughts on “Out of this World | Mystery Amigurumi Crochet Along”
Exciting, I’ll be looking out for this!
Is deze ook in het Neferlands?
Helaas is er op dit moment geen vertaling naar het Nederlands. (Unfortunately there is no translation to Dutch at the moment). x
Where Can i sign up for This 😊
Hi Lotte, there’s no offical sign up needed, you can just follow along on the blog and if you are on Facebook you can join in a group there 🙂
I can’t wait to try, it will be my first cal
Aww I’m glad you are looking forward to it! Me too! I can’t wait to see everyone’s projects 😀
Pingback: Out of this World MCAL | Part 1 | Keep Calm and Crochet On U.K
I would love t do this CAL. I will be away from 20th onwards but hope I can get access to it from afar.
Hi Mary, it would be fab if you can join us! Even if you aren’t able to make each bit this week if you want to be featured in the finished project galleries you have until Saturday 30 September to submit a finished photo! Kind regards Heather
Pingback: Out of this World MCAL | Part 2 | Keep Calm and Crochet On U.K
Pingback: Out of this World MCAL | Part 3 | Keep Calm and Crochet On U.K
Pingback: Out of this World MCAL | Part 4 | Keep Calm and Crochet On U.K
Pingback: Out of this World MCAL | Joining and Tah-dah moment! | Keep Calm and Crochet On U.K