Oooo we are up to the last parts!!! If you missed the announcement about the CAL and want to check out the general CAL info and material details you can find it all here and you can catch up with Part 1 here, Part 2 here and Part 3 here.
I have used three different colours in this pattern but you can use any colour you wish though I do suggest that sections in YARN B are best made in white. Yarn suggested colours for each particular piece will be referred in this pattern as:
- YARN A – Any colour you wish
- YARN B e.g. White
- YARN C – Any colour you wish
For this design I used double knit/8 ply/yarn weight #3 however the pattern will also work in worsted /aran/ yarn weight #4 with a larger hook such as a 4mm (US size G) – your finished project will just be bigger!
- rnd = rounds
- beg. = beginning
- rem. = remaining
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- sp = space
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch(s) = chain
- dc/sc= UK double crochet / US single crochet
- dc2tog/sc2tog= UK double crochet two stitches together / US single crochet two stitches together
- BLO – Back Loop Only
Many sections of this CAL are also worked without joining in continuous rounds by placing a stitch marker in either the the top of the first st to mark start of rnd.
- Slip Stitch (sl st): Insert hook in st indicated, yarn over and pull through all loops.
- Double Crochet/Single Crochet (dc/sc): Insert hook in st indicated and pull up a loop (two loops on hook), yarn over, pull through both loops on hook.
- UK Double Crochet/US Single Crochet 2 sts together (dc2tog/sc2tog): Insert hook in st indicated and pull up a loop (two loops on hook), insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through three loops on hook.
- Back Loop Only (BLO): Insert your hook underneath the back loop of the stitch only and make the stitch as indicated.
Pattern – Part 4:
SECTION G (Make 2):
Rnd 1: With YARN C; either make a magic ring or ch2 to start then work 8dc/sc into ring or 8dc/sc in the 2nd ch from hook. 8sts
Rnd 2: (2dc/sc) to last st. 16sts
Rnd 3-5: 1dc/sc to last st
Rnd 6: (dc2tog/sc2tog) to last st. 8sts
Begin to stuff; continuing to stuff as you go making sure they are stuffed firmly
Rnd 7: (1 dc/sc in next 2sts, dc2tog/sc2tog) to last st. 6sts
Rnd 8-11: 1dc/sc to last st
Fasten off but leave yarn tail
SECTION H (Make 2):
Rnd 1: With YARN A; either make a magic ring or ch2 to start then work 6dc/sc into ring or 6dc/sc in the 2nd ch from hook. 6sts
Rnd 2: (2dc/sc) to last st. 12sts
Rnd 3-7: 1dc/sc to last st
Rnd 8: (1 dc/sc, dc2tog/sc2tog) to last st. 8sts
Stuff rnds 1-8 only
Rnd 9-16: 1dc/sc to last st
Fasten off but leave yarn tail
And that’s part 4 done! Ready for the make up instructions tomorrow and then the big reveal….not long to wait!!
The hashtag for this CAL is #ootwCAL. Make sure you link me your finished projects on your favourite social media sites so I can see them: Ravelry, Facebook page or Facebook group, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram!
Until tomorrow; keep calm and crochet on my friends xx
2 thoughts on “Out of this World MCAL | Part 4”
Pingback: Out of this World | Mystery Amigurumi Crochet Along | Keep Calm and Crochet On U.K
Pingback: Out of this World MCAL | Joining and Tah-dah moment! | Keep Calm and Crochet On U.K