So are you ready for Part 2!! If you missed the announcement about the CAL and want to check out the general CAL info and material details you can find it all here and you can catch up with Part 1 here.
I have used three different colours in this pattern but you can use any colour you wish though I do suggest that sections in YARN B are best made in white. Yarn suggested colours for each particular piece will be referred in this pattern as:
- YARN A – Any colour you wish
- YARN B e.g. White
- YARN C – Any colour you wish
For this design I used double knit/8 ply/yarn weight #3 however the pattern will also work in worsted /aran/ yarn weight #4 with a larger hook such as a 4mm (US size G) – your finished project will just be bigger!
- rnd = rounds
- beg. = beginning
- rem. = remaining
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- sp = space
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch(s) = chain
- dc/sc= UK double crochet / US single crochet
- dc2tog/sc2tog= UK double crochet two stitches together / US single crochet two stitches together
- BLO – Back Loop Only
Many sections of this CAL are also worked without joining in continuous rounds by placing a stitch marker in either the the top of the first st to mark start of rnd.
- Slip Stitch (sl st): Insert hook in st indicated, yarn over and pull through all loops.
- Double Crochet/Single Crochet (dc/sc): Insert hook in st indicated and pull up a loop (two loops on hook), yarn over, pull through both loops on hook.
- UK Double Crochet/US Single Crochet 2 sts together (dc2tog/sc2tog): Insert hook in st indicated and pull up a loop (two loops on hook), insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through three loops on hook.
- Back Loop Only (BLO): Insert your hook underneath the back loop of the stitch only and make the stitch as indicated.
Pattern – Part 2:
SECTION C (Make 2):
Rnd 1: With YARN C; ch7, 2dc/sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1dc/sc in next 4sts, 3dc/sc in the next st, turn and work down your beginning ch, 1dc/sc in the next 5sts. 14sts
Rnd 2: 2dc/sc in the next 2sts, 1dc/sc in next 4sts, 2dc/sc in the next 3sts, 1dc/sc in next 4sts, 2dc/sc in the last st. 20sts
Rnd 3: 1dc/sc in next 2sts, 2dc/sc in the next 2sts, 1dc/sc in next 4sts, 2dc/sc in the next 2sts, 1dc/sc in the next 2sts, 2dc/sc in the next 2sts, 1dc/sc in next 4sts, 2dc/sc in the next 2sts. 28sts
Rnd 4: BLO, 1dc/sc to last st
Rnd 5: 1dc/sc to last st
Rnd 6: dc2tog/sc2tog in the next 4sts, 1dc/sc in the next 18sts, dc2tog/sc2tog in the last st. 23sts
Rnd 7: dc2tog/sc2tog in the next 3sts, 1dc/sc in the next 15sts, dc2tog/sc2tog in the last st. 19sts
Rnd 8: dc2tog/sc2tog in the next 3sts, 1dc/sc in the next 10sts, dc2tog/sc2tog in the rem. 2sts. 14sts
Rnd 9: dc2tog/sc2tog in the next 2sts, 1dc/sc in the next 8sts, dc2tog/sc2tog in the rem. st. 11sts
Rnd 10: dc2tog/sc2tog, sl st to the next st to fasten off. 10sts
Stuff firmly with toy filler
Rnd 1: With YARN A; either make a magic ring or ch2 to start then work 8dc/sc into ring or 8dc/sc in the 2nd ch from hook. 8sts
Rnd 2: (2dc/sc) to last st. 16sts
Rnd 3: (1dc/sc, 2dc/sc) to last st. 24sts
Fasten off but leave yarn tail
With YARN C; ch20, sl st to form a ring, fasten off but leave yarn tail
And that’s part 2 done! The hashtag for this CAL is #ootwCAL. Make sure you link me your finished projects on your favourite social media sites so I can see them: Ravelry, Facebook page or Facebook group, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram!
Until tomorrow; keep calm and crochet on my friends xx